Car Rental General Terms & Conditions
Gas & Refueling;
Our rental rates do not include the cost of gasoline. We usually start you out with half tank or full tank of gas and request that customers refill prior to their return. Refueling cost will apply $7/gallon plus $10 service charge if the vehicle is returned with less gas than started out.
Pick-up & Drop-off After Hours and Holding;
We do work only by confirmed reservations and appointments so please make sure to pick up your rental vehicle according to your reservation pickup schedule. We do hold vehicles up to 30 minutes after your scheduled pickup day/time. In case if you are running late more than 30 minutes and still need to hold the reservation please notify us by calling 425-353-5678 otherwise neither vehicle nor desk manager may not be available and no show fee of $25 applies in addition to cancellation fees.
After hour pick-up and drop of may be available for additional surcharge. Please check first for availability and fees.
We do our best to provide a vehicle within same size and category as you booked. However due to unexpected travel volumes sometimes we may upgrade you to a next level vehicle at same price, without any additional charges.
In order to keep our cost and prices down we have following policies for cancellations and early drop off; You may cancel your reservation within 24 hours of booking with NO penalty! Between first 24 hours to 30 days before your pick up date $25 Cancellation Fee applies to your credit card for canceling your reservation for any reason. However If you cancel your reservation within 30 days of pick up date and after initial 24 hours of booking a $250 cancellation fee applies to your credit card. Once you book your reservation you may not be able to change reservation dates or periods. If you decide to drop off your vehicle earlier than scheduled reservation date you may do so however there is no refund or credit for early drop off.
There is $100 standard charge for lost key for vehicles does not have computer/chip keys. For vehicles require computer/chip keys we do charge $100 + cost of replacement key + programming from Dealership (may be $200 and up) depending on type of vehicle. If loosing key requires vehicle to be towed to dealership or to get into car without key and/or replacement of key lock, ignition or any other part of the vehicle required then customer will be responsible for all charges and necessary spending caused by lost key included but not limited to towing the vehicle to our location or dealership authorized by us.
Minimum Age: 21
Must be at least 21 years old with valid drivers license, Full Coverage (Collision, Comprehensive, Liability) US automobile Insurance and Master, Visa, Discover, AmericanExpress Credit Card under his/her name. Debit cards may be acceptable with additional requirements such as additional deposit, social security number-address and credit verification. If you are planing to use a debit card please check with pick-up location for additional requirements.
Drivers License Requirements;
Must have valid US Drivers License and or valid Canadian, European and or International Drivers License (along with Valid Drivers License from Country of Origin and Passport).
Only 1 (one) additional driver permitted. Additional Driver Fees apply as indicated on reservation booking page. Minimum Age for Additional Driver is: 25. Additional driver is subject to same requirements as original renters.
We allow our vehicles to be driven in Washington State for local driving only in Greater Seattle Urban areas within 100 miles radius from our main office in Everett, WA, within state borders. Currently we do not allow any Border Crossing or driving over the mountains and mountain passes and or remote areas and unpaved roads.
Payment and Deposit Requirements;
Daily or weekly reservations shorter than 4 weeks require upfront payment of estimated rental fees plus an authorization (not a charge) on your credit card for possible incidentals such as parking tickets, tolls etc. Reservations longer than 4 weeks requires payment of only for first 4 weeks plus an authorization as same as Daily or Weekly rentals. We do accept following forms of payments and rental deposits: VISA, MASTER, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER CREDIT CARDS. Debit Cards may be acceptable with additional requirements such as additional deposit, social security number-address and credit verification. Cash deposits are not accepted. Deposit is neither a charge nor a fee. Deposit is an authorization on your credit card equal to amount of your insurance deductible or minimum $250 which appears as a temporary hold on your credit card.
Goodmiles accepts the following methods of payment: VISA, MASTER, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER CREDIT CARDS. Debit Cards may be acceptable with additional requirements such as additional deposit, social security number-address and credit verification. If you would like to pay by debit card please call us at 425-353-5678 for verification and approval. Pre-paid cards and/or cards with no printed customer name are not accepted under no circumstances. Cash is also not accepted.
Insurance Policies and Surcharges;
Must Have Full Coverage (Collision, Comprehensive, Liability) US automobile Insurance Coverage Required by State of Washington. Please do not assume that you may purchase Insurance Coverage from us. We currently do not offer Insurance Coverage and CAN NOT RENT you a vehicle if you do not have your own Insurance Policy. If you do not have a current insurance policy please contact with us so we may be able to assist you to obtain a suitable insurance coverage directly from an insurance company. You must contact with your insurance agent or company and ask them to provide us a copy of your Insurance Declaration Pages in order to verify your insurance coverage before or during pickup.
Vehicle Damage Waiver;
We currently do NOT offer any insurance products or Vehicle Damage Waiver. Customer must have a full coverage US auto insurance as indicated above. If you currently do not have a full coverage US auto insurance please contact with us for further assistance.
Limited free Roadside Assistance included with all rentals. Fees apply if assistance needed for uncovered items indicated on rental agreements or due to customers negligence.
Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
- DRIVERS: In no event shall the Vehicle be used, operated or driven by any person other than the Rentee or qualified licensed drivers at least 21 years of age who have Rentor`s advance permission to use the Vehicle and whose names appear on Rental Agreement hereof:
- PROHIBITED USE: The Vehicle shall not be used:
- for the transportation of persons for compensation;
- in any race, test, or competitive event;
- outside the United States without first obtain Rentor`s written permission
- by any person not specified in Paragraph 1 above;
- in violation of any federal, state, or local laws;
- while under the influence of intoxicants or drugs;
- to push or tow any vehicle except a trailer properly attached to the 5th wheel of a tractor or except a single axle 2 wheel lightweight trailer if the vehicle is equipped with a towing hitch installed for or by the Rentor but not to be a bumper snap-on hitch. In no event should passengers be carried in or on a trailer.
- to leave the keys in or not to properly lock up or secure the Vehicle (excluding valet parking);
- if further use of the Vehicle would cause damage (i.e. warning light on, flat tire, steam rising from engine);
- to carry hazardous or explosive substances;
- to transport a total Vehicle and payload weight in excess of the gross Vehicle weight as specified on the Vehicle but the Vehicle payload weight shall not exceed that which is specified on page 1 hereof ;
- to drive in or through a structure where there is insufficient clearance, whether off height or width of regularly maintained roadways;
- to drive Vehicle if cargo is improperly and/or not secured. IN NO EVENT SHALL RENTEE SUBRENT OR RELEASE THE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER PERSON OR CORPORATION. If the Vehicle is obtained from Rentor by fraud or misrepresentation or is obtained the Vehicle is WITHOUT RENTOR`S PERMISSION. The foregoing conditions are cumulative and each of them shall apply to every use, operation or driving of the Vehicle.
- RETURN OF VEHICLE: This Agreement is one of rental only. The Vehicle is the property of the Rentor and shall be returned to the Rentor`s address or at a place designed by Rentor and on the date shown on Rental Agreement or earlier if demanded, together with all tires, tools, accessories, and equipment in the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear expected. Failure to return the Vehicle to the place and on the date as set forth in this Agreement, will terminate Rentor`s permission for the Rentee to use the Vehicle and thus will terminate the extension off all insurance coverage herein provided. If the rented Vehicle is returned to Rentor at any place other than that listed herein, Rentee agrees to pay all expenses incurred by Rentor to have the Vehicle returned. Rentor or any of its agents or employees, may peacefully repossess the Vehicle without demand wherever found and terminate this Rental Agreement if the Vehicle is legally parked, is used in any way be liable to Rentee for damages resulting from such repossession not shall it be responsible for the loss or damage to any property of Rentee contained therein.
- AMOUNTS DUE RENTOR: Rentee shall pay Rentor on demand: a) All times and mileage charges as computed on Page 1 of this Agreement with mileage determined by reading the Vehicle odometer or hubodometer. Rentee shall NOT detach the odometer or hubodometer and shall pay for its repair or replacement if any seal has been broken along with a mileage charge adjustment to the average charge developed from Rentor`s experience; b) Basic or minimum rate, service, Vehicle Damage Waiver, and other changes shown on Rental Agreement; c) Refueling charge if the Vehicle is returned with less fuel than when rented and, as indicated on Rental Agreement, the rate does not include fuel; d) All states, use, excise or other tax charges on Rental Agreement, by Rentor as reimbursement for taxes paid. Rentee is responsible for fuel, weight, and road use permits; e) All fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs and out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Rentor with respect to Rentee`s use of the Vehicle including parking, traffic, or other violations assessed against Rentor, the Vehicle, or Rentee, unless due to Rentor`s fault; f) Rentor`s costs and expenses including reasonable attorney`s fees (unless prohibited by law), incurred in collecting any payments due hereunder or in repossessing the Vehicle; g) Rentor`s costs and expenses resulting from loss or damage to the Vehicle while on rental, whether or not due to Rentee`s fault, except if Rentee has otherwise complied with the terms and provisions of this Agreement. Rentee`s liability for loss or damage to the Vehicle by fire, theft, collision, upset or other causes insured under the Comprehensive and Collision or Upset Coverage of an automobile physical damage insurance policy is limited to a MAXIMUM of the amount written on Rental Agreement or is waived by Renter on Rental Agreement at time of rental. NOTE: Vehicle Damage Waiver does not cover loss or damage to the Vehicle resulting from any violation of the terms of Paragraph 1. DRIVERS or Paragraph 2. PROHIBITED USE of this Agreement for missing Vehicle parts or for interior Vehicle damage other than normal wear or tear caused by Vehicle occupants including animals.
- VEHICLE INSURANCE: Rentor provides liability coverage for persons using the Vehicle with the permission of the Rentor, as provided for in Paragraph 1 thereof (and not otherwise), in accordance with the provisions of an automobile liability insurance policy with limits equal to the minimum requirements of any applicable state financial responsibility law or other similar law or statute. All coverages afforded under this Agreement are applicable only after all other valid and collectible insurance, (whether primary, excess or contingent) has been paid and exhausted to the full limits of all such policies. Unless required by law, the policy does not include No-Fault, Supplemental No-Fault, Uninsured/Under Insured Motorists coverage or other optional coverages, and Rentee hereby rejects such coverage to the extent permitted by law. Where such coverages are required by law, they are provided at the minimum required limits. RENTOR`S POLICY SHALL NOT PAY: (1) to any obligation for which the Rentee or any driver of the Vehicle or the employer of either or any insurance carrier may be held liable under any Worker`s Compensation or disability benefits or similar law; (2) to any obligation assumed by the Rentee or any driver under any express or implied contract; (3) to any liability of Rentee or any driver, or employer of either, arising while the Vehicle is being used in violation of the terms and provisions of this Agreement; (4) unless otherwise required by law, to medical payment required by persons sustaining injuries while riding or alighting from or getting into or on the Vehicle.
- INDEMNITY: Rentee releases and holds Rentor, its agents and employees, harmless from all claims for loss or damage to any property of Rentee or any other person left in, on, or about the Vehicle, either before or after its return to the Rentor or on Rentor`s premises without regard to any negligence by Rentor or any of its agents or employees. Rentee shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rentor from and against any and all loses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expenses, arising out of the use or possession of the Vehicle including, but not limited to any and all fines, penalties, and forfeitures imposed under any Federal, State Municipal, or other statute law, ordinance, rule, regulation, or insurance policy provision, and to the extent not covered by insurance any claims of, or liabilities to, third persons arising out of the abandonment, conversion, secretion, concealment, or unauthorized sale of the vehicle by Rentee or its drivers, agents or employees, or the confiscation of the Vehicle by any governmental authority for illegal or improper use of the Vehicle. Additionally, Rentee shal indemnify and hold Rentor harmless for all loss, liability and expense in excess of the limits of liability provided for herein as a result of bodily injury, death, or property damage arising out of the use or operation of the Vehicle.
- NO AGENCY: Neither Rentee nor any other driver of the Vehicle shall be or is deemed to be the agent, servant, or employee of the Rentor for any reason or for any purpose. During the term of this Agreement, Rentee shall completely assume full responsibility for the Vehicle to the public and any regulatory body having jurisdiction.
- REPAIRS: Rentee shall NOT permit any repairs to the Vehicle or suffer any lien to be placed upon it without Rentor`s consent. Rentee shall be liable for such repairs.
- ACCIDENTS: Rentee shall IMMEDIATELY report any accident to Rentor and deliver to Rentor or its insurer every process, pleading, notice, or paper of any kind received by Rentee or any driver of the Vehicle relating to any claim, suit or proceeding connected with any accident or event involving the Vehicle. Neither Rentee nor any driver of the Vehicle shall aid or abet the assertion of any such claim, suit or proceeding and shall cooperate fully with Rentor and its insurer in investigating and defending the same.
- CREDIT CHARGES: In the event Rentee directs Rentor to bill charges hereunder to any other person, or organization, such person or organization and Rentee shall be jointly and severally liable for all such charges. RENTEE EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZES RENTOR TO PROCESS A CREDIT CARD VOUCHER, IF ANY, IN HIS/HER NAME FOR CHARGES MADE HEREUNDER.